Wednesday, 16 November 2016

Radleigh physicalisation

We began this exercise by embodying our character before walking around the room as our character. This allowed me to experiment with different postures and physical traits in order to develop bolder characterisation for and interesting mannerisms for Professor Radleigh. I could see what was effective and which traits didn't suit my character. I was also able to develop mannerisms for my character which helped get into the mindframe of my character. I tried walking with my hands behind my back which looked good but felt restricting. I decided to hold my hand by my side and created a clear mannerism which was very exercise for my character. My hand seemed to always be fidgeting which showed how he is always thinking. I also walked around and lead from my chest in order to make my character seem more confident and powerful. I felt like this gave me a high status as it gave my character a sense of pride and a sense of arrogance too. This was useful as it gave my character more control and authority and helped me make these characteristics clearer to the audience. These were called ideosynchrasies. We used a physical action to represent the action we used behind our line. E.g. The action to shut down would be accompanied by a physical action of pushing away in order to show the rejection of the previous idea that is being shut down. This helped me to think in more detail about his objectives and what he wanted as he said every line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment