Tuesday, 31 January 2017

Breath work

In our workshop with Bethan, our fight choreographer, we learned how our breathing would affect our emotion in a scene. If we were breathing quickly and using deep breaths, this would clearly demonstrate our anger in a scene. This heightened our emotion and we also tensed our bodies to let the emotion be shown throughout our whole bodies. We used this for the fight scene at the end of the show and it was very effective as it allowed us to get into the appropriate mind-frame before entering the scene. This gave us energy  and set a clear atmosphere for the scene. Furthermore, this accurately showed the relationship between the boys and the girls and how some of the boys despised them and were outraged by what they were doing. I doing this very useful as I can easily transfer this into another character or scene. This is very simple, yet very effective. I can experiment with it to see the level of anger my character has and how this will be shown though my breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment