This is the scene where the professors are offering Mr Banks a fellowship and Mr Banks is naive if what this would mean for him. This section is just after Mr Banks has suggested tat he could have both jobs. This undermines my character (Radleigh) as he think he is undermining him or mocking him. He is also frustrated at Anderson for suggesting that Mr Banks would be suitable for the position in the first place. These annotation show my attitude towards Banks and show how his obnoxiousness and anger builds up as the scene progresses. He starts become rude and mocking towards Mr Banks in this page and these annotation shows why this happens and his reactions to what the others are saying. I found this useful as I could analyse in detail my thought process throughout the scene and how this changes based on the circumstances of the scene. This allowed me to get into character and the mind frame of Radleigh.
This is the following page which shows my monologue and the thought process throughout this and the bold decisions I made on stage. Mr Banks is suggesting that women should get the vote, this goes against everything Radleigh believes in. he takes it very personally and is insulted that Mr Banks would even suggest this. His techniques to persuade Mr Banks to change his mind range from being patronising to being intimidating. This shows the beat changes and show when his methods of persuasion change. I have shows when I emphasise key words in order to show the impact this should have and to show the power behind what he is saying.


No comments:
Post a Comment